27 Jul 2017

Evaluations? Where to find them? Where to put once filled?

Yesterday, someone told me: "I can not find any more from where to TAKE the Evaluation sheets to give to those who offer feedback to me!"

Well here is the answer to him.

When we enter Base Camp, we find first the square of Navigating Base Camp, we look around first. Perhaps. The second square is "My Education Transcript" where we spend most our times! Strange name for our Levels and Projects and...

Then comes "My feedback" as I understood place to chat, did not really use it much in four month. Then comes "My badges" that in my opinion are not very important either, can be opened differently.

The last square, sitting there quietly is "Speech Evaluations" :  a treasure! Inside you can find, the "Evaluation resources" as they are called, in alphabetical order, for ALL the project on all the path, not only yours. So you can take them and send it to your Evaluator, who can fill it online and send back. Or you can print it and give it to one, in a meeting. I prefer before, whenever possible.

One can also find there an evaluation form for someone who give a speech from a different path or level you are not yet on. There is even a Generic Evaluation form applying to any speech probably. Other then the general three questions, always same and the generic points about Eye Contact, Body Movement, Audience Awareness, etc, many projects evaluations add three (or more or less) different points which ask specific questions depending on the project, to help to evaluate them.

--- added in August 2019 --- Nowadays I use the evaluation forms from Tutorial and Resources, those are for sure web fillable --- just remember the project name and first, choose the language. ---

Once in Base Camp, you can open, save, print, any of those Evaluation Forms, I did at my first month, many, later I had difficulty finding them in my own folders on my disk: but in the Speech Evaluation Square, they are all in alphabetical order!


Once the form is filled in, name evaluator date speech title, and all the rest, and you get it back, filled manually or electronically, where do we put it?
Not back from where it came! So where?

Inside the Education Transcript, at left is info about me.  Can be accessed even from round button right Info of me.

The last item is my E-portofolio folder. In our E-portofolio are My Documents and My Badges.

So open My Documents, and you find folders for all the Levels. Open a Level, the one you are now on, and add there the completed evaluation form, so the VPE also can see if needed.

Here are how my level 2 folder looks.
I learned now, that there is only one LEVEL 2 folder we can use, so far, so we have to add before adding to it our filled evaluations also the names, or initials of our Path.

My first path was Visionary Communication, and I did not add VC as I did not know. From now on, I add PM to my Presentation Mastery Path's level 1, level 2 feedbacks, I got.

Here are the folders in the E-portofolio, easy to understand once you got there of course.
you can find them of course in a folder called "my documents" even if, inside it there is another folder "my documents" as I see now, where I put things not directly related to the levels.

As Secretary, I become also a Base Camp Manager. Even if in our club the job is done by VPE, I peaked in to understand how it is done. First, one has easy access to the general club's advancement, with the path names, and levels. Then, also to people's names and path, and finally, one by one can so and see their "transcripts" how they stand with their projects. Lot of work, but the info is available.

It seems equivalent to a VPE signing your last page in a manual. Most of time, nowadays, VPE will ask: give me the Manual's project Dates and Titles so I can add them to the TMI Club Central... when you have confidence in the member of course. Why not? Each of us learn for ourselves!

Yes! And I wrote that you can find Badges also elsewhere! Where are they in two places? Anyway, in this Documents folder you find all your Level folders you see above.

This is a very technical note, not so much as my other ones, but I hope, if someone really needs it, it can come, understand, find what is needed, and from then on, send, receive then file the filled feedback. 

Good news! You can ask in Pathways more then one Evaluation! And add the Feedback you like best, or all of them to your folders, levels, documents inside your E-portofolio. 

While the first time, it does not seem intuitive, from where you take the documents needed and where, different place altogether you save them, as with all, one done, twice done, third time it comes "of course!" and one does not even wonder why they are in different places... They are there, you can take out from your folders, you can add to them. They are yours! (Not visible even to the VPE)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.

I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the
hang of it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

I'm VPE of my local club and I find that this blog post is one of the most helpful Pathway Resources I've found. Is it ok if I use this post as a how-to guide for my club?

Madi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your guidance! I too, was lost.

Anonymous said...

Nice replies in return of this difficulty with genuine arguments and describing everything concerning
that.

Anonymous said...

Hi every one, here every person is sharing such know-how, so it's pleasant to read this blog, and
I used to pay a visit this weblog everyday.

Unknown said...

What has surprised me in coaching members directly to help them understand PWs and resolve their complaints are those who:
'-- never gave it a thought that the evaluation forms were under the "Speech Evaluation" button on the Base Camp page, or did not know their chosen Path was listed under "My Education Transcript" button, or listed in the "My Education Transcript" listing box below the buttons.
'-- A VPE, President, or Sec who thought they could only log in as a BCM, and not as a member, and therefore couldn't find neither the Path Transcript not the Evaluation forms - never thinking to just try logging in as a member and not as a BCM.
'-- Members who thought you had to fill out each page in the project before moving onto the next page and finally to the page which allows you to download the project as a pdf and the other downloadable forms.
'-- Members who complained because they thought evaluations had to be filled out online live during a speech and didn't know the evaluation form could be downloaded and filled out by pencil or pen and handed to the speaker.