7 Nov 2020

My first paths, VC, PM, LD

This picture posted 3 years ago: it took me 7 month to finish the first two path, Visionary Communication first, then Presentation Mastery. Leadership development was already on the way. 

The Motivational Strategy, begun in 2018 took a lot longer for me, but mostly because I did all Level 3 Elective projects, all but one Level 4 electives too, and more then one from Level 5. 

To this list, of course I add today the Embracing Humor path, also finishing, like the Presentation Mastery with a longer, keynote like speech. It does teach us about the importance of personal storytelling, different beginnings or ends, depending on the audience.

Some other paths, ask for 6 month at least in a committee or some other leadership role in a voluntary organisation: take a bit more time. One of those, I am beginning now, I am Secretary in 2 Toastmasters clubs anyway. One can lead from the top but also from the bottom. Dynamic Leadership, is a great path that I begin now second time. 

Three paths I do not recommend for beginners are those finishing with High Performance Leadership. Those take the most time and work, need a team plus a committee to survey and counseling. 

You can find more detailed prescriptions on my other posts, look between my most read ones... for example the one beginning with Welcome. 

No comments: