26 Mar 2020

Some zoom basics, again?

Left corner, bottom, on my laptop. 

Mute and Unmute. Start video and stop video. 

Essential when one want to hide a sound that is disturbing or even more something you do not want others to see. Near them, arrows, to choose features.


Exit full screen is in upper right corner. Do it, before sharing. Open what you want to share, then only go back to zoom and click on the Green Share.

And here, how I choose, between Record to Cloud, (Zoom) or record to My Computer. As I must have already mentioned, the big difference is that on my computer I can alternate the Screen View and Gallery view. On zoom they are recorded separately.

In the setting, I allowed Side-by-side, a very cool feature of zoom. Important when someone shares a screen. And look over, what I did and did not allow.


It is in the arrow up, we can choose to smooth our skin. Mirroring the video we see as in a mirror. And, just as precaution, turn off the video when opening zoom.

We can Show or Hide the non video participants. See only those showing their faces (video) or all.

No comments: