31 Jul 2017

How fill in the Evaluation form?

The Evaluation forms are not really different from each other, there is even one called Generic Evaluation. Same first page with same three questions:
filled by me to test with funny characters



  • Challenge yourself :


  • You excelled at:


  • You may want to work on: 


  • The second page almost same 1 to 5 points, 5 to 1 given for Clarity, Voice Variety, Body Movement, Audience Averseness, etc. finishing with a few specific to the speech project's points.

    How the feedback form arrive to the evaluator(s)?

    "Normally" when you deliver a speech in a "brick and mortar" club near you, you can Print it out, give it to your Evaluator (or all those from you want also written evaluation) a copy of it, and after the meeting you get it back.

    Then, to add it to your e-portofolio, it will have to be scanned or photographed and added to the Level from which the speech was done.

    An easier way, would be for the Speaker to send the form online to the Evaluator and this one to fill it and send it back, all filled. To be added thus to e-portofolio's level with the name a bit changed perhaps, as it does not like long names, plus the Path's initials are important to be add too.

    As I mentioned in another post, in Pathways you save the evaluation you want, you can add more then one evaluators feedback or the one you like.
    When it is send through web, how it is filled and send back?

    Alas, I have to answer to this "it depends". It depends on your kind of computer or device used and the software available on it at a moment.

    I had no problem, automatically Acrobat Reader popped up and opened the form, I could read it, fill it, send it, no need - usually - to print or the scan. Till Adobe offered me a "better Acrobat to try for a week". Why not? Well, I should have known better! It messed up everything.

    After a week, I decided to go back to the free version, not pay each month for a new one, and I did not get back what I was used to till now. I remembered, then that I had estimated Evaluators, who never were able to fill and send "it is there, but when I save it what I wrote disappeared" and finally, wrote me a page of feedback, outside the form provided. I did give a title and uploaded that to my e-portofolio.

    Well, the last project of level 1, Research, taught me when all else fails.

    The interview "an expert" did now work as he had PC and me Mac, not the same softwares and browsers either, I go to our friend "Google".

    It is on the google that I found this stunning information: use Preview application to view and edit PDF.

    I have used Preview to Edit my Photos for long time now, did not know what else it is good for, and even often, when a more sophisticated editing is needed, instead I open up Adobe Photoshop Elements to ameliorate parts of images and not only the whole.

    Looking farther in different advices found on Google, I found this:

    Finally a deffiniton of what means PDF : simply Portable Document Format, that can not only be viewed and shared, as I already knew, but also Edited! I could open and look and save all Evaluation forms in PDF! Can I really edit them too? Yes! And with an application I used for so long...


    One can in Preview ask that the Annotate tools are showed, chose one, or use a shortcut as seen here. For the page 1 I created Text, chose the font and size, and added my observation. For the next page, I played a bit, I am sure with time I can find a more elegant way, for example, just to highlight the number chosen.

    But what a good time I had playing with the old applications newly discovered features!

    I also discovered, I can share directly without saving the filled in forms. That is for Mac but I am sure, if you had problems, you find similar FREE app for Window based computer systems, or for any other too. That is, if the just "fill it in" does not work.
    In principle, that can and should work without any problems, but when problems arrive, it is fun to try out new things! It is useful to get used to the Research, last project from the Level 1 of Pathways, interrogate an expert, lookup in Google the different propositions and chose between them. 

    Yes, Pathways and Path, and Projects are serious and I learned a lot from it, but even at age of 83 I love to play! And I had a field day with the Annotate feature from my old Preview app! 

    It would be easy to tell "they should make it easy" but there are so many devices we use, so many updates and changes and configurations, best be ready to discover and play - at least from time to time. Solutions, are there, up to you to find them when all is not smooth as you would hope. 

    I leave you now, back to play and see what else I can do with the Annotate from Preview!

    8 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Thanks, Julie your blog is really helpful. I am Sarah Adhiambo from Kwanza Kenya Toastmasters Club. You took us through a couple of tutorials via zoom in. Thanks to you, I was convinced to start the pathways journey and proud to say that I am a trailblazer in my club. I plan to finish my Level 1 of presentation mastery in the next few weeks and also set a target for the rest of the levels as I get to understand them better.

    Anonymous said...

    I every time emailed this weblog post page to all my
    contacts, for the reason that if like to read it
    then my links will too.

    Anonymous said...

    Excellent website. A lot of useful information here.
    I'm sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you
    for your sweat!

    Anonymous said...

    Generally I don't learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do it!
    Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great article.

    Anonymous said...

    I conceive other website owners should take this internet
    site as an model, very clean and wonderful user friendly style and design.

    Anonymous said...

    Remarkable! Its in fact remarkable article, I have got much clear idea concerning from this article.

    Anonymous said...

    Hі! I could have sworn Ι've visited your blօg before but after looking at a few of the
    posts Ι realіzed іt's new tօ me. Anyhow, І'm cеrtainly delighted I discovered it and I'll
    be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

    Megha, Empower Toastmasters, Bangkok said...

    Wow ! I didn't realise that. So useful. Thanks for sharing.