17 May 2020

Mother of my grandmother told me...

The mother of my grandmother, Paula, was 92 and me 12, when she told me stories from her life. She finished each of them "You see, Julie, one never know what a bad thing can bring, a good new that we never thought or expected."

I often pondered it in my own life since.

In 2014 I broke my leg and feet in 5 places, as too many called me "Break a leg!" before Division Governor elections. I was elected - with broken leg, leg in cast. My stupid, Hungarian leg, took the wishes literally. The French are simpler, they just with you "shit"... (merde) of course, one can also fall in it and break a leg, eventually.

While in cast, a few Toastmasters come to visit. And one of them showed me how to create a video looking at the green point on top of my Mac laptop screen. Others, directed me to go to the Toastmasters Linkedin, where I was invited to Netizens, the only online toastmaster club at time.

From a small town in India to London, UK
From Netizen to Firebirds Collective, where I become the first speaker then later first workshop leader, and later on, when creating Online Clubs was permitted by Toastmasters International, created with a pal, the first speciality club, Witty Storytellers Online.

We were the 4th club online, this fall, our 4th anniversary. All that let me discover also Remote access possibility, and in March 2017 let me beginning Pathways. By May, this was born, and thank for all who read it again and again!

I looked down from my window, exact 6 years ago, day to day, my hospital bed was delivered. Sitting on it today to write, after having assisted to two online meeting today from home.
Florian workshop direct also on Facebook

Assisted to Florian, D91 Director workshop delivered to the District called Wild East Europe (from where I am originally) only through "Facebook direct" and learned about Vision, made me think and understand, how good idea was to take Visionary Communication as my first path in 2017.

Now, I took the second time, the Visionary Communication path, alas the old version disappears, no more even in the Completed could be find.

Florian's workshop will help me better think about my current vision as that is still ahead of me now.

No comments: