23 Jun 2020

Origin of Witty Storytellers Online: an online interview

4 years ago, this time, June 2016, an online toastmasters club interview, one member, Svetlana was interviewing me for her project.

She send me all the questions, but the last one which she said will be a surprise question.

From my answer to that last question, a new online club was born, originated. Witty Storytellers Online, even if it did not have the name at that time yet.

Ongoing storytelling events... we decided Twice a Month.

Interviewed by Svetlana Rakhimova 4 years ago at the club Firebirds Collective, the first Advanced Online Toastmasters club chartered, : just come in my Facebook memories. Photo by Habib. 

That last question and our mutual understanding was the WSO creation beginning.
-----------
"Last Sunday 19 June 2016, we started the online humorous workshop "Dig Deeper and Dig Deeper" with the introduction where I interviewed Julie Kertesz.

Julie is a Keynote Speaker - Never too late; DTM; REP (Revitalised Education Programme) Ambassador; Personal motivational storyteller, Workshops organiser, Blogger, Photographer - collection on Flickr "Julie70" past 10 million hits, a scientist holding a PhD in Chemistry, a writer - I haven't yet finished reading your Diaries in French "My life from 7 to 70" - and a Standup Comedian from 10 up! You made audiences laugh in more than 77 clubs.

Julie, You've got a legendary photo on your blog where you are about 5 years old entitled "Julie Standing Up" - where a little girl is standing on a box and is ready to perform. Quite a few comments under the photo say that you haven't changed. When I look at this photo, I think, childhood is the time of innocence and pure genius. It is also like a country of its own. I want to say, been there, done that. I was like that in my childhood too. And now is a wonderful opportunity for me to ask you this question:

Q. If there is anything that hasn't changed in you - what is it?

A. Well, from 7 to 75 I was convinced I was not funny!
Now, I learned that we all have funny bones, even me.
But we have to cultivate it, learn the tricks of trade, and practice.

Q. We all know that laughing is good for us. When I googled "laughing is a good medicine", I retrieved about 8,600,000 results (0.59 seconds)

Do you laugh a lot? What laugh has done to you? Can anyone be a comedian? Should everyone try it at some point?

A. I laughed a lot when I got in love, when I laughed with ... someone.
I love making laugh, not easy to understand humour in English fast spoken.
Laugh sometimes when I read a book a lot about something
Yes, anyone can be a comedian, yes.
That is a very important question.
If I could be, for sure anyone else too - but do not wait 70 years to begin.
Learn, study, then create some lines, try them out: each of us learn by trial and error (taking out what does not make others laugh) and then practice.

Q. You mentioned love and laugh in the same context. Tell us more. What do humour and love have in common?

Q. They say that humour is a good icebreaker. Is there a way of turning an awkward situation into a funny one?

A. my father was a businessman and told me he often defused anger in international meetings with a humorous story or a joke. plus, humour opens the heart the soul and then the story the point we want to makes finds already open doors

Q. Is there anything that laugh is not good for?
A. no idea!!! good for health too but mostly for us to "open door" towards the audience

Q. What are your plans for future?
A. I would like to set up the first online specialty club devoted to humour and personal storytelling.

Svetlana: I will join it!!! 😊"

--- That IS how Witty Storytelling Online club got its origin. ---

No comments: