As many will have to choose soon, I revisited the Path, again studying their similarity and what makes the difference. Once we got our path, we do live with them a long time, so why not put all at our side and study and think?
|On left Required projects on right all those from projects you can choose. Plus one of my certificates.|
3 finish with High Performance Leadership not so different the one Legacy: long.
- Effective coaching (Reaching Consensus ; Coach three times)
- Innovative Planning (Proposal; Manage Projects)
- Persuasive Influence (Conflict resolution; Leading in Difficult condition)
3 finish with a project needing 6 month Leading a Team
- Dynamic Leadership (Negotiate, Manage Change)
- Team Collaboration (Learn to Collaborate, Motivate others)
- Strategic Relationship (Networking, Public Relationship)
4 have different Required Projects at Level 5 : I recommend, begin with these
- Presentation Mastery, A longer presentation (through Persuasive speech, Difficult Audience on other levels)
- Embracing Humor, Longer presentation with humor in it (Humor Style, TT Humor)
- Visionary Communication, Develop your Vision (Plan Change, Announce Change)
- Leadership Development, Create a successful event (Create events with a Team)
- Motivational Strategy, Team Building through an Event (Emotional Intelligence, Motivate)
The titles of all projects I wrote above are not word by word, but that is what they ask from us. In parentheses are the 2 Required projects specific for the path (L3, L4). In the PDF called Paths and Projects a few paragraphs of description can be found of each Project, Elective or Required, Specific to a path or Same for all.
As you see, even those finishing the same way, arrive there through different projects.
If I knew, if I have looked better, I would not have taken Effective Coaching, even if by now, I did succeed to finish my HPL project. So it took me longer then any other.
I took Dynamic Leadership, attracted by the Negotiate and manage change, and even if it will take long time, I am happy to live with it, and perhaps, soon, lead a team for months. I am now studying about Negotiation ways, more to learn, when I thought I knew all.
And yes, I do have the other four, finished the first three paths and then begun the Motivational Strategy. Through all the path I finished or just begun, I learned a lot, and added a lot of "me" in them. Discovered also after a while, those I choose from title, where not the bests for me. Also discovered, that after a while, I could use all I learned from them!
Better look well where they lead! You can personalize your path later. Not only by choosing different "Elective Projects" from a long list, but by giving a "theme" to your path.