25 Feb 2020

Using Presentation software

Presented yesterday, using Keynote and learned features about the software I did not know, as I was asked to send my "deck". 

First, I learned to reduce so it "fits" in an email. 

I also learned to send in different format: Keynote format first "can not open it", then I send in Power Point reduced and for yet another, in PDF format. It worked.


Not sure, how much a deck of slides tells without the speech behind it. My main points were, about Pathways new developments. My main work was to eliminate from 12 all but the remaining most important three, which were:

1. Enter through Welcome Julie (or your name) and all one can find there, now, above the Educational Awards. 

2. Use for so much useful information THE Navigator (appeared a year ago) and can be used from smart phone, and any other device. No time, but I can speak some time only about all that it offers as information.

3. I almost forgot to mention the last very important improvement, opening the gates between Levels. As soon as we open a Path (Activate, then Launch Curriculum) now ALL it Levels and ALL it projects (but the very last one, Reflection on your path) are there for us. We can not only open then (again Activate, Lunch) but save, print, and yes, even present them, finish them in any order.

While wisdom still sais the Levels have their reason to be there, we could not only finish a Project from higher level but a whole Level! Alas, a lot more headache for Basecamp manager who has to follow and understand. 

In all, as I look back to my too short presentation the joke from the beginning was not appropriate but... it is a Humorous path, I told myself. I could have told instead the one, so true, about Useful in your life outside toastmasters: do I have any?

No comments: