14 Feb 2020

As Base Camp Manager - Basic facts

First, we have to understand, even if we enter from the same Toastmasters Password, and email, we can enter BASECAMP, either as a Member of a certain club, if we are in more then one, or as a Base Camp MANAGER of the club. After we worked as Basecamp manager, BCM, we have to LOGOUT and, if we want to work on our own paths, project, login again as member.

There are three rectangles we find, as we go as BCM in. The first is the more simple and more important too. That is were I can see if anyone is waiting for us to approve their Level. In fast, as for the last three month, since the gates between the Levels opened, is it less urgent. And, as for my clubs, we try to ask also by other means "please approve my level", by email, messaging, direct.

Inside Pending Request, most day is nothing, then suddenly a name with Approve / Refuse. Green is the approve and it is just a click on it and the level is considered done and verified. It happened only once, that I had doubts, and I asked "when did you do the Second speech of the Evaluation and Feedback"? It seems he did not understand that he has to do it. Now, we are waiting for it. 

In the Pending Request there is also a box to write a letter to the member having asked and Send.

Manager tutorials ? There are so many! So well done! When time, go through them one by one. Some are very short videos, other texts. 
The different possibilities to look for one answer, appear when we click on them. So for example, Printing Certificates, is inside Level Completion. From one, the other opens, so it is worth taking some time and browsing, and not only the first time, also when did not use a feature for a time.
As for me, I really love those short videos, even if they are sometimes, too fast for me, and then, I go twice to remember well what comes after what.

They can be Launched directly, or as any other resource asked and put inside your "Transcript folder" along the paths.

If you opened it, went through it once already, the second time, we are asked "again"?
Those are the "old" ones, in Text, I love them less, but they also give answers to what interest us. In a different way. 

As to the Member Progress, is my least favorite part, as it always seemed to me strange to have buttons to show only when we hover over in the corner they are! Plus, the necessary Refresh is long, and without it whatever we find is old news. For Details, we have another  button inside the interior square, and just recently I was shown how important  informations are to be found inside the Export to Excel. The details of Projects we have Activated in each Level, Path, but alas, Level by Level. We have to extract and save one level at the time. 

While I was happy to have those data, I also think it is too much work for them! If needed, as VPE I can look back at the Agendas printed from Easyspeak. When I was the first time VPE and President, I had a huge notebook with each member having a page. I still think, less work then in digital age... 

Search "base camp manager" and you will see that I have written other, useful posts with the same subject. Here is one of them, I recommend specifically. 

No comments: