10 Feb 2020

Mistaken identity story

Competent Communicator: Mistaken Identity told with Spark London: I was stunned to see how automatic came the face and arm movements and also quite happy with the pace and rythme of voice as its variety.



My English did improve, from 2010, my Humor also a bit.

This version, available for the moment for a week, was not the first. Before, I told my story in London clubs. Here in a theatre, with 60 in audience. It is a true story.

Will tell I now for the Level 1 Humour. A bit different, have to shorten. But will cut in two.

Observation: "cave" in French is "cellar" in English - but I have mistaken it that day, my daughter lived in some kind of basement... not a real "cave" an old vine cellar in the middle of a garden. But it was really a trap door (with window on it) that was the only entrance and gave the only natural light.

But, my error just brought up more laughter from the audience...

And at the end of the evening, a young woman came to me, telling me how much my message meant to her, it was the encouragement she needed at that point of her life. Already for her, it was worth telling that story.

It changed, evolved, and I think, the change itself is interesting.

That was not the first time I told it, it was perhaps the third time, as delivered it almost a year before in one my Toastmasters clubs. And delivered later, to pro audiences, being paid a bit for it.

That story is very dear to me also as it was the first time I got so many laughter and someone told me "You are a natural" go learn standup comedy. Standup? What is that? The rest is history...

From this on, I told the story two more time correcting cave and changing a little, as I do not learn word by word. Now, I got a new view and assessment to that story and will try to tell it next week, with a new focus: Yes! I will do it. More, when I have done it.

No comments: