15 May 2017

I got my Level 1 recognition!


Of course, as usual I was waiting for it and waiting. In Hungarian, there is a saying "do not wait until the bird flies in your open mouth all cooked!" Is there something similar in English? When I was young, that was told to me as I stayed home, instead of going out, waiting for the "him" come and take me "on his white horse" from my room, and go on together, forewer.

Finally, I asked on a Facebook group, and yes, I got the answer: Go back to the level you have completed and you will find the "Print the certificate" there. It seems simple. I had to know it. It did work! If only, I had a printer... I did buy three printers since I am in London, one after other they all failed, none worked for long time alas.

When I got back to level 1 the first time, no certificate was yet there to me to print anyway; and from then on, I looked forward and not back. Well, now I know. I also know, that we have to answer after we deliver the project speech to all questions posed in the project and after it some others questions too, only then will be our project considered finished. All auto-assessment questions have to be answered for all project and we have to declare also our Level Finished. Our level is then considered finished: but one of the Base Camp Managers has to "ok" it. My VPE did not know how, finally, the President did it.

As much as I love the content of Pathways projects, and yes, I do appreciate them more and more, as much I do not appreciate the interface.

"You had the answer, in a short video!" I was told in the same forum.
"Yes, but where to find that video?" And why that video does not arrive to us or a link of it, when we finish our first level? How to know that the video exist? Where can we find it? Finding answers WHEN we need it, not all in one time. Finding it with a search perhaps, answers as we go?

With time, all that will be solved, I am sure.

Details of interactions with the user, the member, the "most important" person in the hierarchy of Toastmasters. Not the "early adapter" but the average user, who like me is waiting for the certificate to arrive. Sometimes, the VPE will print out the certificate and will give it in the meeting. Considering I was only the second toastmaster in all District 27 to have finished Level 1 in a path, I even felt that perhaps the TMI could have send it to me the certificate?

Yesterday, when I went at my grand-daughter 18th anniversary party, I found the certificate printed in BIG! They do have a working Printer and they knew I would be happy with it.

Now there is a third Toastmaster in the district having finished Level 1 and, in plus, he did finish two level 1 in two different path almost the same time! Not a bad idea either. Repeating, the same Projects we can it understand better. I do have begun a second path, but only because I was asked to give an Icebreaker.

For the moment, I am deep into Level 2 Projects, having already created, written down, rehearsed the story for the Communication Style, and it is due to be delivered Tuesday.

2 comments:

Misako@happyclam said...

Congratulations, Julie!! You are my role model, fire me up :)
In Japan, we say "Sleep and wait for good luck (Everything comes to those who wait)". Our ancient culture tends to discourage us to try. I'm glad I was living in the 21st century!

Julie Kertesz - me - moi - jk said...

I love comments! Thank you Misako for writing to me! Soon will have 600 views and no idea whom other then you!