18 May 2017

Stories & Feedback : My leadership story at 18 minute



11 May 2017 Witty storytellers Online Toastmasters club

My story about "My Leadership style" begins at 18 minute
Krishn give me feedback as normal, the last.
I do love the Storytellers listening skills!

Worked a lot before I told this story, as I was confused by the different leadership styles.
Asked myself : which leadership style I really belong? In fact we are composite. And even more, flexible enough to change our style so it fits the occasion. Also, happy enough, we do learn along the times.

After going through the Pathways screens, and writing in my notebook (almost filled already a notebook) I was happy to find on Kindle, books about the theme. I remained with one and now I even have it even in book format): Leading with Style from Jonathan SandlingI finally understood the different styles and of course the need to Adapt our leadership style to the Situation we are faced.

Both tasks "Your Leadership Style" and "Your Communication Style" are in almost all Path in Level 2 together with the third, which is in all level 2 : Introduction to Mentorship.

As we learn in Level 1 how to research or at least if we knew it, were remembered that best is to research farther each time, this two tasks can give us new understandings and new perspectives. They for sure, gave me!

Another great thing is that after we go through and study, we are asked to give a speech that relates somewhat to the subject, if possible tell something about us too and... in a Humorous or Informative or any other style.

I always avoid to give "lectures" when a story will do. And whenever possible, I try to make it humorous too. That is why, after all, we created Witty Storytellers Online toastmaster club.

No comments: