8 May 2017

How I chose my first Path

I changed my free online path to Visionary Communication that seemed very interesting:


I passed the tests, which as they are now are mostly for new toastmasters more then the experienced ones. Between three choices proposed I found the Presentation Mastery the most enticing to me. But later, I decided to try read it from a printed Path, ordered and paid for it. Still waiting to get it

I found out first, that alas I will not be send all 5 levels, only the first two. Then, after having finished it, other levels, and yet other: the VPE has to signal I finished them. Are we in a school? Alas, they did send me even those yet, instead of what I hoped, the CC and the CL manuals.

True, I could have printed the path, I have (and had asked my son to do so for the 20 pages about Icebreaker) but my printer at home does not work again. Paying 20 dollars for a path plus 25 for printing (total 45) and send by Toastmasters, did not seem too much. 

And one day, it will arrive.

Meanwhile, I changed my free online path, to Visionary Communication, that seemed also very interesting. 

At level 1 "Mastering Fundamentals" all path have the same projects. 

At level 2 "Learning Your Style" all have the third task speaking about when you were a mentee, protégée. About Mentoring. My two path the similar quest to understand our Leadership and Communication Style. I am looking forward to them, as soon as my Base Camp Manager (can be VPE or President or Secretary of the Club) will signal that my Level 1 is done.

On Club Central, it was already declared "Manually" that I passed all Level 1 tasks, but as the program is in construction, there is not yet a link between it and the Base camp. It will be soon, I do not worry. But can not go and read farther yet. - my VPE was used to declare in club central not in Base Camp

Meanwhile, of course, I will have to write about my adventure in the level 1 Evaluation and Feedback. So far my preferred task from which I learned so much. I could say, again "I knew already" but the truth is : I did not understand it so well till I did the three tasks that they give us. More about it in the next post that will all be about how my three tasks went and what I realised from them.

1 comment:

Darcel D. Davenger, M.Ed., CRTA said...

I will be sure to read your blog pathway experiences.