16 May 2017

With whom we communicate?

Yes, my style of communication is more storytelling, but I also like to entertain. When I told my story about Mistaken Identity, and the time when I had to change profession,
I got a lot of laughter.
                           I loved it!

Mistaken Identity by julie70

But... how to make them laugh when I wanted it? I had no idea. No knowledge. Till then, I really believed I have no "funny bones". There was a standup comedian young girl near me "you are a natural!" go to the Standup Comedy class I went. "here is their card".

Really? I could pay from afar for 8 weeks class, 4 hours by week. Yes, what happened at that workshop and from then on, will be my next story that I will tell today, soon.

What I learned, is what all writings about different communication styles tell us finally: so much depends on to whom, where and when. Mostly, their communication style and how we find the bridge between us and transform "them and me" into "us". After I realised that (without the fancy words here) I did emphasise my public persona, exaggerating just a little, and I had no more problems, for the next 77 times communicating. We did always understood each other, despite the age gap.

I did never tell but let them discover, age does not make a lot of difference on how we are, think, feel.

I hope, tomorrow I will be able to publish the recording. Look only if you are ready for some standup comedy language used in it. Otherwise, skip a day. ;)

No comments: