4 Jul 2019

Going deeper into Project in Tab

Discovering that we may get from now Projects and Resources in New Tab, automatically was a great joy to most of us, and a collaborative effort as all of us tested it out and added new comments.

Remember? And be aware, this comes only once, not again and again.

It does work well on Safari in Mac, on Chrome also, and so on. We were all happy till come a complaint: It does not work on a vertical window.

I tried it out, on my iPad held vertically (rare for me) and got this:

In fact, all went well till I opened a Project.

Then, I got suddenly this instead of my project!

For the iPad it was easy, I turned it horizontally, like I use it most of the time.

And suddenly the project window reappeared.

See bellow.

As soon as I turned it again in horizontal way, the Project reappeared as it was the first time.

And I got my next project window, that I was reading.


Indeed, my next project is Public Relations and a project explaining me how to. But then I asked more questions from Oren, unhappy about the change. As we got deeper, I understood that he uses a Macintosh, almost like mine, his screen is horizontal as mine, but... he uses a Split Screen. That makes two VERTICAL windows.
I begun to experiment myself, and NO I will never again split my window in two even if possible. I tried once and for me it does not work: the characters too small to be able to work with them. 
When I take my window, of course I can change it horizontal or vertical, smaller or bigger. With Square still ok, more vertical, the "does not work" appears instead of the page of the Project. I also tried what happens if I open the window bigger then needed for the two arrows to appear: surrounded by white. No problem. And of course at any time I can do Command + or Command - and it is the content that changes bigger or smaller. It is not easy to satisfy all tastes and usages

Continuing the Collaboration in the Pathways Forum, I received this from Cajetan:

So when one of the windows is at least square or more horizontal, there is not problem. That does not depends on Mac or not Mac, depends how you open one of the two windows.
But when I change from Horizontal to Vertical outside Basecamp or Project, no problem, and no problem as you see, when I am not INSIDE a PROJECT nor with this blog that can be viewed best vertical even then horizontal but both work. Accommodating all tastes and usages it not easy, but can be done. Will, with time.

For the moment, the next step for me would be to get Projects work on smartphones. The Navigator works on it, the Choose a Path works too. Projects do not - yet. I am optimist. 

But when I change from Horizontal to Vertical outside Basecamp or Project, no problem, and no problem either with this blog that can be viewed best vertical even then horizontal but both work. Accommodating all tastes and usages it not easy, but can be done. Will, with time.

For the moment, the next step for me would be to get Projects work on smartphones. The Navigator works on it, the Choose a Path works too. Projects do not - yet. I am optimist. 

And of course, you know, this blog works in both positions, Horizontal or Vertical. They look a bit different, but they can be read as we want, on any device you want.

VERTICAL
 HORIZONTAL
Which one you use?

It will be some other beginning of month and we will have yet some new features. For the moment, let us rejoice for what we got. 

Lot less problem for those who are not "windows savy" we got tabs instead, that we close when finished. And remember, we also got a super fine login to all through our Profile, Welcome, Julie for me. It is celebration day (in usa) let us CELEBRATE.

No comments: