4 Jan 2018

Wednesday, a full day!

I wanted to tell about my experience in my base club and with the first glimpse of the reality, and I will. Here is my London club's banner, on the wall yesterday. I was General Evaluator, and also Table Topic Speaker. Secretary, in the committee.

But first, let me tell you a little about my very full day, yesterday.

I wrote yesterday's blogpost "in the clouds" with my head still very full of remembering the wonderful researches I have done for or through my paths. Done that been there. Now of course I am stuck partially till I find a new person needing my coaching, again. 

It does not mean I do nothing in the time! 

At 9 am I met with Ellen for an hour, to show her my Base Camp and plot today evening's showing it to her team in Europe. As you see, we did understood each other well.


We Zoomed and I shared my screen taking her into my Base Camp, Paths and Projects.

At 11:30 begun another online meeting, also through Zoom, this time I went for the first time to the ground meeting of Zaldy in Manilla, Philippines: to Emperors meeting. As you see, I use different digital backgrounds each time. 
Surprise! Beside seeing the on-site attendees well around the table, Zaldy had another video or device showing each time the one speaking. Here is the Table Topic Master posing questions about our new year resolutions. Other surprise, meeting two very well known online toastmasters. Michelle, president of two of my clubs, preparing to deliver a HPL speech, here through Web "it would take me two hours to arrive to the club" but she is now in Manilla too. Other unexpected guest Kevin from Australia. Telling us about his very interesting future plans. He is VPE of Ablaze Advanced Online, 100% online, whose members are mostly from New Zealand. 

Online, the connections can be very tight with each other, and perhaps because we are still not so many clubs, less then 20, we get to know each other and meet in different places. Interact, respect and learn from each other too. 

I got so many positive ideas before noon already!

In the evening, I was taken to my club meeting. We call it "brick and mortar" club, but our meeting is indeed near a church and is from brick and mortar that can be even seen. We had 7 guest from which 2 joined on the spot. Two speakers and 12 Table Topic speakers. 

Before the meeting and in the break, 15 minutes, we had time to chat with each other. I realized one of the guest just arrived from Paris having lived long time near the place where I lived for 22 years! I met also our Area Governor who is one of our members and had a chance to speak with him after the meeting. His assistant, also one of our members, will send me, hopefully the emails I asked him. 

My offer to a private showing of the Base Camp went in and out of ear of the club's President, he will remember it when he needs. Speaking with members, I realized, they do not care yet nor heard about Pathways which is all in my mind. 

"I will give soon number 9, already prepared" told me a renewing member.
"Ok, next time I will try without notes" I heard from another. She did not yet read the Pathways Icebreaker, I recognized even more how much she needs it. 

Coming home, I did not sleep for a while. What some of them will do when arriving at level 2 and the Know your Communication Style too sophisticated language? Will they be able to get through and into the wonderful level 3 with it's great projects they need? How many month will take till the leadership recognize the importance on going Pathways full time? 

I suddenly realized, that with the Launch in March, nothing will be resolved yet: the problems will just start. To be resolved as they come. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up, after reading this remarkable post i am as well happy to
share my experience here with friends.

Anonymous said...

Hi, its good paragraph about media print, we all understand
media is a impressive source of facts.

Anonymous said...

I simply could not leave your web site before suggesting that I actually loved the standard information an individual supply for
your guests? Is gonna be back continuously to check out new posts

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across
this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have consider your stuff prior
to and you're simply too fantastic. I really like what you've obtained here,
certainly like what you're saying and the way wherein you assert it.
You're making it enjoyable and you still care for to
keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you.
That is really a great web site.

Anonymous said...

Great web site. A lot of helpful info here. I'm sending it to
several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you
to your sweat!