22 May 2018

My communication style? Sharing through stories.

A year ago! In two days, we will have our first "after pathways rollout" in our club, the Witty storytellers online, but here is is "live on Facebook," about the our first all Pathways meeting at Witty Storytellers Online has "A special pathways discovery meeting"! By Misako Yoko.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/482378405305348/permalink/628945243981996/

Cherished memories! Live on Facebook, the first time, our seargeant-at-arms with passion.

I am still learning to speak on video alone, not the same when I have audience. I do love communicating, but with someone there, someone I can see. 

I have begun the nth time the project My Communication Style. Every time the same style comes on top for me: Storytelling. It is called "Initiating" style by Pathways.

So it is natural, that I love interacting with others and sharing my stories. Or the stories heard from my family. I like to have time to express my opinions, and of course feelings, too.

When in a meeting, someone from another style, let us say "Direct" tells me "Julie, get to the point" she does not understand that this is my style of communicating. The Direct style person wants short the others only Facts, but that is not how I can communicate. 

From adolescence, I learned that when I give an advice wrapped in a story it works a lot better. My best friend did not listen to my advice, till told inside a tale.


As much as I have to adopt my style of communicating, depending of the situation and whom I address, perhaps, they could understand also my style? 

Of course, it is true both ways!. In this slide, we are also suggested to go farther and research some of the other things written about Communication Styles. I will have to do it again, as last year. Perhaps, I discover yet something else. 

I am convinced that it is a good thing to make us repeat some specific projects again and again, we do understand it on another level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog website?
The account helped me a acceptable deal.
I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast
provided bright clear concept