I have written, published (and lived for a year) and BIP, my company too, a book called "Postscript at your service". More then 25 years passed since. Next book was published by a real publisher become computer bestseller, about Hypercard and Hyperscript for all. Later, I wrote about Applescript, not published.
Let us write, together a new book:
It will be also available, chapter by chapter in this blog, from now on, in 2019.
Here is the intended Table of Matters
“Pathways at your service”
Tips for Transition to Toastmasters Pathways
- Why? Modern age, modern Adult Blended Education
To whom ? three ages, but many different lives and languages
young: modern, computerized, tech learning experience
middle age: use fast for workspace not only in club
old? un-retire, use brain and learn again
Change in our lives, hopes and fears and books I read about them. Here just a few of the books I read (this ones are on kindle, but some I also did buy in book form). Transitions and Managing Transitions were the firsts I studied at my first path first level. Visionary Communication is all about change as are our lives. The Blended learning, Design for how we Learn, The new Learning Architect and even the last I am reading now, Don't make me think are all about User Interface AND / OR modern Adult learning.
Johnathan Livinston Seagull is about living to learn not only eat, continuing to improve all the time; together with How to be a brit, a classic from 1933 and the Long Story Short, they are "general education", humour and storytelling. Each of you can add (and I did) others through our paths.
2. We begin : first steps toward Pathways
through TMI web site, our email and password (can be changed)
if needed tell “forgot password” then save it to your computer
study the Navigator now outside BaseCamp and on all devices
study my blog, study Pathways Companion, get into PDF and Files
For new Toastmasters, the NEW Navigator explains the Meeting structure in toastmasters club: Speech, Evaluations, Table Topics (as usual); a safe, useful and funny environment: Meeting roles and club responsabilities : participate -> feel included
3. Check your computer or device configuration;
allow popup blocker (desctivate them in your browser for TMI)
prepare your computer to display Popup in NEW tab,
prepare open bigger screen to see the arrows signaling next page
and below the popup menu to jump to a section
4. New Vocabulary, new look and feel
What is a Path, a Level, a Project
What is a Required Project (from 10 there are 3 different ones in a path)
What is Elective, from L3 on that personalizes each of us paths
5. How to chose a Path?
give yourself TIME ; give yourself TOOLS; prepare before plunging
take time to think deeper of your loves and tallents
take Assessment but choose the path you prefer (not after title)
6. First Path first Level Fondation (all path same)
Icebreaker the first in every path : how to be authentic and "in the moment"
Eval Feedback 3 task (learn to repeat and improve) then give advice - what I posted yesterday?
Research - a topic and get farther then the projects (google, books, interview…)
7. How to close a Project. Auto Assessments: answer to all questions!
8. How to close a Level
Who are Base camp managers and their principal BC duty
9. Tutorials and resources: use them! When in doubt, read the manual, look at videos
10. My styles? Level 2 (some path more fun then for others), do not get stuck with the jargon
11. Level 3 with the first Required depending on the Path,
and all those goodies (13 Elective Projects to chose from) 2 Minimum but can do more
open all or any, save, print if you want: and of course understand learn and deliver
Attention! if not chosen Printed path (in which no choice allowed)
At level 3 we got our first longer, required project: the Required 3,4,5 level make the differences between paths; but also we do by choosing our Electives and even a theme for a path.
How to look : all what you can DO with a path!
12. At Level 3 peak into Level 4 mostly modern projects, as some projects require a month or more, in or outside ; long project times, short speech after (in any style)
My blog that I begun 3 weeks before arrived to level 4 and different interesting level 4 Electives: how to search in my blog or should this be a whole new chapter?
13. Ah, my panel! I fall in love with them at Level 5 ! Give importance to panelists and Questions but keep their time equal. Panel is just one of the many interesting elective projects at this level
14. Did you look well what you wanted at level 5? A long speech? Create a festival? Lead a team for six month? Show your mastery here! Reflect on the path.
15. When to choose your next path.
Please comment, and let me know, what I should addd to them.