It was Sudha's idea, to "meet" through Zoom this Sunday morning: she needed my "virtual mentoring".
We did share our screen, and she showed me some of her fabulous Mind-mapping curves she prepared and shown for her Leadership Styles Level 2 speech.
I have shown her how to navigate inside my Photos and then, how I can show my Paths in Zoom.
Suddenly, she told me, "Please, take control of my screen!" Show me...
Sudha does not believe, but I learned more from her then she did from me. It does not really matter who learned more : or it does. It does show how much the MENTOR can learn from the PROTÉGÉE. It is indeed a two way communication and learning.
I learned, I can take control of her screen, even if for the moment I did it only as a kid making her first steps. Then, she told me, "let me now try and take control of your screen, while you are inside Base Camp". She did! I realised: she can go thus into my Base camp!
She opened an Evaluation Form, filled it with Abrakabra and so on, but the right names, just to try out. Name "Julie K TEST" When she saved it: it did save to my computer!
That means, we can ask our Evaluator, to fill Evaluation Form, in a Zoom meeting, and save to our drive then upload to the E-portofolio. Simple, fast, clean.
Do not have to go through all we did till now :
- Sending the form to the Evaluator
- Waiting till he has time to fill it.
- Filling, saving (make sure does not disappear) the form
- Sending email back to the speaker
- Downloading from the email
- Renaming to incorporate Path Initials (instead of our name)
- Adding to the appropriate level in Base Camp e-portofolio
Of course, when going to a Brick and Mortar club, I usually still print the Evaluation form, as we are not always sure who will Evaluate. Sometimes, those supposed do not come and others jump in to replace. After the speech, he or she fills it out, very interested, and at home, I scan it and upload it too. Then add it to my path folder on my disk.
I found out that the Pathways ,Evaluation form, ask someone not yet in Pathways, is a good means to give Pathways taste to a Toastmaster: offer the third page to them to keep. So avid and happy all ask for it!
From time to time, for those I meet online, I even send the project they are supposed to evaluate so they understand better what my project was about, what I had to accomplish. They can then evaluate me better, and again, their "taste for Pathways" increases.
- Connect through a Zoom meeting at appropriate time for both.
- The one having completed the Project shares screen giving the evaluator Control rights The other fills out the form, saves: on desk of the speaker! With path initials.
- The form is uploaded to the e-portofolio's appropriate level.
As it was a TEST form, and we did name it thus, no upload to e-portofolio of course, but I do have it on my drive to remember what I learned. And yes, the Mentor learned at least as much as the Protégée. Learned so much each from other yesterday!