19 Mar 2019

Mentor or Manipulator?

We have mostly wonderful people in our Toastmasters Tribe. Helping each other, giving feedback the best they can, Coaching for a special event when needed, Mentoring longer.

Learn from many sources
I am preparing my 9th "Me as protégée" and just got the knowledge of a so called mentor, who in fact, manipulates all his protégées. Installs poison in them, instead of helping, pushing them to spread his twisted ideas and the inverse of love in each. 

I was very lucky with my Mentor, from first weeks, two years ago, continuing, whenever I needed. Alas, not all had similar luck. So be aware who do you choose as Mentor, whom you listen to, learn from. They can help you a lot. 

Some alas, will only push you at the end down by offering bad advices. Learn from many sources, be open to many. Then, listen and use your values to decide.

No comments: